(Moon at 72% phase taken by Dylan O’Donnell / Celestron 9.25″ Edge HD / Canon 6D MK II)
On July 20th, 1969 Apollo 11 landed on the Moon.
To celebrate this momentous occasion 50 years ago, Bintel and Celestron Australia are running another challenge! We are asking our customers to photograph the moon between June 20th and July 20th in any way you like and submit your best lunar image for your chance to win one of 8 vouchers of store credit worth $100. There will be 4 categories to compete in but remember, you can only submit 2 photos to the competition overall. The categories are :
- Lunar Portraits (full disc images of the moon)
- Smartphone images (images taken with a smartphone only)
- Landscapes & Widefield (images that include Earth, eg a Moonrise)
- Surface / Craters (high focal length images of surface features)
TWO winners from each category will receive a $100 Bintel store credit – which means EIGHT chances to win and a total prize pool of $800!
As you have the whole calendar month for this challenge you have an entire lunar phase with which to consider your shots.
Lunar Challenge Rules
- Must be your own work
- No remote telescopes or data
- Must be taken between June 20th 2019 – July 20th 2019
- Only 2 entries per person
- No nudes or bad puns 😆
- Australia & New Zealand entrants only
- All ages and experience levels welcome!
- .. but Bintel & Celestron employees ineligible (sorry team!)
Sponsored By Celestron Australia & Bintel!
Submit your images below! Entries close July 22nd
Entries are now closed! Thank you for your submissions!