Main use of a ProPlanet 807 IR Pass
The Astronomik ProPlanet 807 IR Pass cuts off the visible part of the spectrum and allows the light of wavelengths longer then 807nm to pass. Due to this behavior, the part of the spectrum that is most sensitive to bad seeing is rejected. This approach can majorly improve images of planets and the moon, reducing atmospheric distortions.
- The Astronomik ProPlanet IR 807 is designed to be an addition to the Astronomik ProPlanet IR 742, if the seeing is extremely bad and a larger telescope is used.
- For most cameras the exposure times doubles, compared to the Astronomik ProPlanet IR 742 or imaging in visible light, if the Astronomik ProPlanet IR 807 is used.
- Darkens the background during twilight.
- Imaging of bright planets, stars and comets by day.
- Imaging of young stars in dust clouds and stellar nurseries.
If the seeing is not particularly poor, or if the telescope is smaller than 10″ (250mm) we recommend the use of an Astronomik ProPlanet IR 742.