The brand new Atik 16200 Monochrome camera has been designed from the ground up around the KAF-16200 sensor. With a diagonal measurement of 35mm (APS-H format) and 6 μm pixels this camera is an incredible mix of high resolution and sensor real estate.
It is a great match for a range of telescopes, and all at a much more accessible price than the likes of KAF-11002 and KAF-16803 based cameras.
The new design sees the CCD housed in a sealed, argon-purged chamber, complemented by a powerful dual-stage peltier and heatsink for optimum cooling. This camera has the lowest delta you’ve ever seen from Atik, at -45°C typical, and a whopping -50°C max.
Atik 16200 Monochrome Technical Specifications
- Sensor Type: CCD – KAF-16200
- Horizontal Resolution: 4499 pixels
- Vertical Resolution: 3599 pixels
- Pixel Size: 6 µm x 6 µm
- ADC: 16 bit
- Readout Noise: 9e- typical value
- Gain Factor: 0.6e-/ ADU
- Full Well: ~40,000e-
- Dark Current: >0.25 electrons/second at 0°C
- Interface: USB 2.0 High Speed
- Power: 12v DC 2.5A
- Maximum Exposure Length: Unlimited
- Minimum Exposure Length: 200 ms
- Cooling: Thermoelectric set point with max ΔT=>-50°C (-45°C typ.)
- Weight: approx. 1.3 kg
- Backfocus: ±19.5 mm
- Available as mono or colour, with colour version to follow early 2017