Bintel BT200 f/4 Imaging OTA
Newtonian telescopes made by GSO for Bintel have earned an outstanding reputation for their high quality optics at an affordable price. The combination of superb optics and the precise dual speed crayford focuser the Bintel BT200 8″ f/4 Newtonian telescope is highly recommended for astro photography and visual observing. For those demanding the best star images we also offer coma correctors for this fast imaging newtonian telescope.
Features of the Bintel BT200 f/4 Newtonian include:
- high definition parabolical primary mirror, better than typical Chinese mirrors
- thin secondary mirror spider vanes for minimized obstruction
- properly illuminated field with an oversized secondary mirror (70mm diameter)
- a smooth dual speed 10:1 Crayford focuser for precise focusing with no image shift
- generous back focus ensures you reach focus even with DSLR cameras
- 94% enhanced reflection for a brighter image
Primary Mirror Cooling Fan
A primary mirror cooling fan is incorporated in the telescope’s mirror cell. It accelerates cool-down time to ambient temperature so you enjoy the sharpest images even early in the evening. While the primary mirror is cooling there are associated currents of warm air that degrade the image – regardless of the mirror substrate.
Paraboloidal Primary Mirror
At the heart of the Bintel BT200 f/4 is a very precisely figured parabolic primary mirror. The glass used is of BK-7 optical glass guaranteed free from internal stress. It’s thermal characteristics are generally better than float glass but without the price premium of exotic Pyrex or Quartz materials. For easier collimation the mirrors are properly center marked.
Technical details of the optical tube:
- Aperture 200mm (8″) / focal length 800mm / photographic speed f/4
- 94% enhanced reflectivity coatings for a brighter image
- Secondary mirror: 70mm diameter (minor axis)
- Weight: 8.9 kgs with tube rings, dovetail bar and finder
- Outer diameter: 230mm
- Tube length: 730mm
- 2″ Crayford focuser with 1:10 dual speed transmission