Bintel’s focal reducer 0.5x is threaded to screw onto any 1.25¨ eyepiece barrel or 1.25″ webcam nosepiece and provides a nominal reduction in magnification of 0.5x.
- 0.5x focal reducer for any webcam type imaging camera increases imaging area by a factor of 4.
- Wider imaging area allows capture of larger starfields or deep-sky objects.
- Fully multi-coated two-lens design with anodized aluminum cell that threads into filter thread of the nosepiece of camera.
- Works with many “webcam” type imagers from ZWO, Orion, QHY, Malincam, Atik Infinity etc
- Also compatible with the StarShoot USB Eyepiece Camera II and StarShoot Video Eyepiece Camera II
The actual focal length reduction will vary a little over or under 0.5x depending on where the focal reducer is placed in the optical path.
4x the sky area on your camera chip!
For years people have purchased Barlow lenses to double the magnification of their eyepieces. Now you can halve the power of any eyepiece you own.
The reducer features 2-element fully multi-coated optical design and blackened lens edges in a black anodize aluminum filter cell. It also has additional filter threads, so you can screw/stack additional filters on to this reducer.
With the use of a 25mm extension tube (available separately) you can vary the level of reduction.
Note – sufficient focuser in-travel is required to reach focus. For example:
Focal reducer without extension tube requires ~10mm in travel to reach focus.
Focal reducer with 25mm extension tube requires ~35mm in travel to reach focus.