Celestron C6-A XLT Schmidt Cassegrain Optical Tube Assembly
The C6 is a Celestron classic optical tube assembly. It combines generous aperture while maintaining a compact tube length. Here we present the latest Celestron C6-A with StarBright XLT coatings. The 6″ f/10 optics provide a 1500mm focal length making it a great telescope for high powered observing of small targets including fine lunar detail, the planets and a vast array of deep sky objects. The Celestron C6 is extremely well suited for anyone wanting to image the planets with fast USB astronomy cameras from ZWO.
Being a standard SCT design it can also be used with Celestron’s f/6.3 focal reducer/field flattener (available separately) bringing it to a more useful 945mm focal length for deep sky imaging.
This OTA comes with 1.25″ eyepiece holder, star diagonal and 25mm Plossl eyepiece, plus a 6x30mm finderscope.
SkyWatcher HEQ5 Pro SynScan GoTo German Equatorial Mount
The SkyWatcher HEQ5 Pro german equatorial mount rounds out this package. With it’s 13kg carrying capacity and user-friendly SynScan controller you’ll enjoy automatic slewing to your choice of 42900+ objects. Even an inexperienced astronomer can master its variety of features in a few observing sessions. The SynScan Hand Control also has the ability to connect to a computer via a RS-232 cable. Once the connection has been established between the computer and SynScan Hand Control, many commercially available planetarium software programs can be used to control the HEQ5 PRO Mounts, They also come with features that advanced astronomers can appreciate.
SkyWatcher HEQ5 Pro SynScan GoTo Features
- Positioning Accuracy up to 1 arc minute.
- Accuracy enhanced by software collimation error (mount mechanical error) compensation.
- Stepper motors with 1.8° step angle and 64 micro steps driven.
- Slewing speed up to 3.4°/sec (800X).
- Auto Guider Interface for astro-photography.
- Guiding speed selectable from 0.25X, 0.50X, 0.75X, or 1X.
- Object database containing complete Messier, NGC, and IC catalogues.
- Minimal vibration for steady long-exposure photography.
- Periodic Error Correction.
- PC compatibility.
- Upgradeable hand control via internet download.