Celestron Advanced VX 6 SCT
For the intermediate visual observer and beginning astroimager, the Celestron Advanced VX 6 SCT is the most affordable Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope on a solid GoTo mount. The Schmidt-Cassegrain optical design is ideal for imagers and visual observers looking for a telescope that is much more portable than the reflector or refractor. The Schmidt-Cassegrain design also eliminates chromatic aberration, making it a good choice for entry-level astroimaging.
- 6” (150 mm) f/10 Schmidt-Cassegrain includes StarBright XLT coatings for better light transmission compared to competing models
- 40% more light gathering than a 5” telescope.
- Integer gear ratios and permanently programmable Periodic Error Correction eliminates recurring track errors from the worm gear.
- Autoguider port for autoguided long exposure imaging
- New motors offer improved tracking performance & provide more power to overcome load imbalances compared to previous models
- Updated industrial design offers more rigidity, less flexure and improved aesthetics
- New design allows viewing or imaging across the meridian without interference from the motors housings
- Improved latitude range between 7 – 77 degrees latitude.
- NexStar+ hand control. Unlike competing hand controls the NexStar+ now uses Micro USB commection – no more serial cables.
About the Mount
The new Advanced VX mount was specifically designed to provide optimum imaging performance for smaller telescopes. The Celestron Advanced VX 6 SCT is a great combination of portability without sacrificing stability. Now your smaller telescope can take advantage of All-Star Polar Alignment and autoguider support. You’ll be able to track through long exposures using permanently programmable periodic error correction. Image across the meridian without doing a meridian flip, so you can seamlessly image the best part of night sky. Advanced VX features significantly larger base castings than Celestron’s previous design, improving stability under heavier loads. Improved motors offer more torque compared to previous models and can handle slight load imbalances with ease.
Specification for Celestron Advanced VX 6 SCT
|Aperture (mm)||150 mm|
|Telescope Type||Computerized (GOTO)|
|Focal Length||1500 mm|
|Focal Length of Eyepiece 1 (mm)||20 mm|
|Magnification of Eyepiece 1||75 x|
|Tripod||Adjustable, Stainless Steel|
|Tripod Leg Diameter||2″|
|Highest Useful Magnification||354 x|
|Lowest Useful Magnification||21 x|
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude||13.4|
|Resolution (Dawes)||0.77 arcsec|
|Optical Tube Length||406 mm|
|Optical Tube Weight||4.54 kg|
|Mount Height (Max)||1625 mm|
|Mount Height (Min)||1120 mm|
|Tripod Weight||8.16 kg|
|Weight of Counterweights||1 x 12 lbs|