Celestron T-Adapter-Barlow Lens Universal – 1.25 inch
- The Celestron Universal Barlow & T-Adapter is three accessories in one!
- 2X Barlow: Use during visual observing to double the magnification of every 1.25” eyepiece you own
- Prime Focus Photography: Use the T-Adapter portion of this accessory to transform your telescope into a giant telephoto lens
- Tele-Extended Photography: Use the T-Adapter with Barlow to get double the magnification of prime focus mode
- T-threads accept camera brand specific T-Ring (sold separately)
The Celestron T-Adapter-Barlow Lens Universal – 1.25” can be used three ways; as a 2X Barlow for visual use, as a prime focus T-adapter, or as a “Barlowed” T-adapter to double the magnification.
- As a 2X Barlow right out of the box. Insert any 1.25” eyepiece into the adapter to double the magnification, while retaining a comfortable eye relief of your eyepiece.
- For prime focus photography. Unscrew the bottom section (glass element) to remove the Barlow and slide the chrome barrel into the telescope’s 1.25” focuser. Screw a T-Ring to the T Thread on top of the adapter. Attach to your DSLR or SLR camera.
- As a barlowed T-adapter simply screw your T-Ring (sold separately) directly to the T-Thread and place into focuser. Good for imaging Planets to enlarge image.
Please note that some telescopes, especially “fast” refractors and Newtonians, may not have enough focus travel to allow the photographic image to come to focus when used in prime focus mode. In these instances, adding the Barlow to the T-Adapter will allow the telescope to reach focus.
In “Tele-Extended” mode, the Barlow doubles the focal length and f/ratio of your telescope, resulting in an image on the sensor or film plane that is twice the size of a prime focus image.
Prime focus and tele-extended photography are popular for short exposure images of terrestrial objects as well as celestial objects like the Moon.
Weight = 68 grams;
Length = 74mm;
Made in China.
Two-year manufacturer limited warranty.