A magical guide to the night sky by famed astronomy educator Sue French
* Full-color photographs and detailed sketches of each deep sky tour
* Descriptions of double and variable stars, star clusters, nebulae, galaxies and exotics
* Historical and scientific background of particular interest
* A tabular listing of the deep-sky sites
* Color charts showing the position of each target in the night sky
* An index to all of the deep-sky objects covered
Deep-Sky Wonders is a collection of 100 of French’s best “Deep-Sky Wonders” columns originally published in Sky and Telescope, which has a monthly readership exceeding 100,000. The book is organized by season and subdivided into months for a total of 100 in-depth tours of the deep sky. Each deep sky tour illuminates little-known seasonal wonders that lie off the beaten path.
Please note that this book is written for Northern Hemisphere readers, so the season are “reversed”, IE what the book labels as being visible in Summer is visible during our Australian Winter. It doesn’t take away from the beauty of the images and the in-depth information presented for readers.