The All NEW iOptron CEM120
An extraordinary innovation in mount design…Now with a new payload!
Recognizing the growing demand for an accurate and stable, equatorial mount with the versatility to carry larger instruments and more complex imaging arrays, we created the iOptron CEM120. It offers the benefits of our revolutionary “center balance” design: stability, accuracy, and smooth mechanical operation, while capable of carrying a payload up to 52 kg. The “center balance” design’s natural stability is due to its focusing the mount along with payloads weight directly over the center of the pier or tripod.
The CEM120’s performance is demonstrated by its low periodic tracking error of ±3.5 arc seconds. Along with the stability aspect, the CEM120 features an advanced cable management system consisting of more ports in more locations preventing tangle ups and reducing the chance of fractured cables. It also adds some new features to the CEM family like Wi-Fi and LAN for remote operation and easy to use, reliable clutches on both axes.
Optional heavy duty Tri-Pier 360 and Permanent Pier are available for order.
Optional Tri-Pier adapter for light weight payload ( 8036-120) is also available for $239. It can be modified for permanent pier mounting.
- A new design, center-balanced equatorial mount (CEM) for maximum payload with natural stability
- Observatory astrophotography mount ideal for both visual and Astro-photographers
- Payload of 52 kg with the mount weight of 26 kg
- Easy to use and reliable gear clutches
- Precision altitude and azimuth adjustment.
- Precision stepper motor with 0.07 arcsec accuracy for precise GOTO and accurate tracking
- Polar alignment routine for those who can’t see the Pole Star
- Go2Nova® 8407 V2 controller with Advanced GOTONOVA® GOTO Technology with built in heater
- High precision tracking with low periodic error (PE)<±3.5 arcsec
- Permanent periodic error correction (PPEC)
- 32-channel Global Positioning System (GPS)
- Built-in WiFi and LAN for remote operation
- Integrated ST-4 autoguiding port
- Advanced cable management system with more choices
- Spring loaded, individual adjustable Losmandy saddle
|Mount||Center-balanced Equatorial Mount (CEM)|
|Payload||52kg , exclude counterweight*|
|Payload/Mount weight ratio||2|
|Latitude adjustment range||0°~ 68° (0.5 arcmin division)**|
|Azimuth adjustment range||± 5° (3 arcmin division)|
|PE (by encoder)||< ±3.5 arcsec***|
|Worm period||240 sec|
|Right Ascension worm wheel||Φ216mm, 360 teeth, zero backlash|
|Declination worm wheel||Φ216mm, 360 teeth, zero backlash|
|Right Ascension axle||Φ80mm, steel|
|Declination axle||Φ80mm, steel|
|Right Ascension bearings||Φ125mm|
|Counterweight shaft||Φ38.1x 540 mm (SS, anti-slip, 4.5kg)|
|Mount base size||210 x 230 mm|
|Motor drive||Precision stepper motor w/128 micro-step|
|Resolution||0.07 arc seconds|
|Slew speed||4°/sec (960x) max.|
|Hand Controller||Go2Nova® 8407 V2, 8 line 21 character LCD|
|Power requirement||DC 12V, 5A|
|Polar Scope||Optional electronic polar scope|
|Meridian treatment||Stop (0-14° pass), auto flip|
|Zero position||Automatic zero search|
|Park position||Horizontal, vertical, current, alt/azi input|
|Dovetail saddle||Losmandy D, 17.2″ (437mm)|
|Communication port||RS232, USB, LAN, WiFi|
|Cable management||2xDC12V (1A), DC5V(1A), 2xDC (5A), ST4, 6P6C, 4xUSB2.0, USB3.0 (powered), USB for PS, AUX|
|Warranty||Two year limited|
Manuals and Instructions