The C261A3 is designed with portability in mind, weighing in at only 4.5kg it can support up to a 12kg payload an incredible 2.6 mount weight to payload ratio. The key to enable such ratios is the CEM design focuses the mount and payload weight directly on the center of the tripod rendering “natural stability”.
Like their predecessors, the C261A3 is designed with portability in mind, weighing in at only 4.5kg it can support up to a 12kg payload an incredible 2.6 mount weight to payload ratio. The key to enable such ratios is the CEM design focuses the mount and payload weight directly on the center of the tripod rendering “natural stability”.
Building on the legacy of earlier CEM models we have added features for convenience and functionality. A positive lock gear engagement system (easy to use even when wearing gloves), Built-in Wi-Fi enabling unparallel connectivity and recordable permanent periodic error correction (PPEC) to repeat optimal PEC training sessions. Regarding functionality the C261A3 delivers precise pointing and accurate tracking. The CEM26 sets the new standard for compact equatorial mounts.
The center-balanced design mount puts the weight of the payload at the center of gravity allowing for greater natural stability. Other features include an adjustable counterweight bar to prevent obstruction with the tripod. And polar aligning is quick and accessible all the time since the polar scope is not blocked by the declination shaft.
The C261A3 is equipped with the latest advanced GOTONOVA® GOTO technology, making it one of the most powerful and accurate GOTO mounts available. Its database includes over 212,000+ objects. The Go2Nova® Hand Controller is intuitive to use and its large 4-line LCD screen simplifies the process of setting telescopes and locating objects.
The CEM26A mount has an integrated electronic polar finder scope known as the iPolar. This tool ensures the accurate alignment of a telescope, even when the pole star is obscured. It comes with a 1.5″ heavy duty stainless steel tripod and an aluminum carrying case.
Shipping Box #1: C261A-CEM26 Head w/ iPolar/Tray (C261A)
Shipping Box #2: 8283-CEM26/GEM28 LiteRoc Tripod w/o Tray (C26/G28 LiteRoc)
- Unique design, center-balanced equatorial mount (CEM) for maximum payload and minimum mount weight
- Ideal for both visual observation and astrophotography
- Low periodic error (< ± 10 arc seconds)
- Payload of 12 kg (26 lbs) with the mount-only weight of 4.5 kg (10 lbs)
- CNC machined and cast metal body
- Spring loaded gear system
- Large easy to use quick-lock gear clutches
- 0º latitude operation with optional adapter
- Stepper motor with low power consumption
- Integrated iOptron iPolarTM electronic polar scope
- Polar alignment routine for those who can’t see the Pole Star
- Go2Nova® 8409 controller with Advanced GOTONOVA® GOTO Technology
- Integrated ST-4 autoguiding port
- Built-in Wi-Fi
- USB port for firmware upgrade and computer control
- LiteRoc heavy-duty stainless steel tripod w/ vibration suppression pads (7.5kg)
- Die-cast metal tripod spreader with accessory tray
- Optional 32-channel Global Positioning System (GPS)
- Optional hard carrying case
- Optional iGuiderTM autoguiding system #3360
Supplied with an American power supply from factory