The iOptron CEM40 w/iPolar mount is the next generation of center-balanced equatorial mounts. This mount is incredibly eye-pleasing, and its beauty is found in more than its appearance. The functionality of the mount is superb. Weighing in at only 17.4lbs., this mount can support a payload of up to 40lbs.! That’s incredible!
This iOptron CEM40 w/iPolar mount has a dual saddle that accommodates Losmandy and Vixen-style dovetail plates. It also uses iOptron’s ultra-quiet, low-power consumption stepper motor drive system, aiding the mount in providing precise tracking.
The iOptron CEM40 w/iPolar mount uses the Go2Nova® 8407 hand controller to navigate the night sky. This incredible technology helps observers find celestial objects with the aid of the mount’s 212,000+ object database! For those looking for a telescope that has the capability of tracking and finding beautiful night sky objects, this mount is a must-have tool.
Includes the iOptron electronics polar scope, iPolarTM, it ensures the accurate alignment of the mount, even when the pole star is obscured. There are large levers on the quick-lock drive engagement system; these large levers make it easy to snap the gears into place.
- Unique design, Center-Balanced equatorial mount (CEM) for maximum payload and minimum mount weight
- Idea for both visual observation and astrophotography
- Maximum payload of 40 lbs (18 kg) with the mount weight of only 17.4 lbs (7.9 kg)
- All metal, CNC machined with red/black anodized
- Easy to use quick-lock gear clutches
- Low periodic error (< ± 7 arc seconds)
- Permanent periodic error correction (PPEC)
- Precision stepper motor for precise GOTO and accurate tracking
- Go2Nova® 8407+ controller with Advanced GOTONOVA® GOTO Technology with built-in heater
- Integrated ST-4 autoguiding port
- 32-channel Global Positioning System (GPS)
- USB communication port
- Cable management system
- 6″ Losmandy D & Vixen dual dovetail saddle
- Optional 1.5 inch heavy-duty stainless steel tripod (5kg)
- Optional WiFi for mount control via SmartPhone/Tablet/Computer
- NEW iOptron subsidized TheSky Imaging Edition