Scott Losmandy has been manufacturing high quality, precision German Equatorial mounts for nearly 20 years now. Losmandy is highly regarded for their innovative mechanical designs. Manufacturing using computer controlled equipment operated by an experienced staff results in a degree of consistency and performance that is unrivaled in its price range. The result for the user is a mount that tracks as it should with minimal Periodic Error – these mounts are a dream come true for astrophotographers.
A Dream Come True
Today digital imagers require mounts with tracking accuracy up to 60 times better than that needed for visual observing. Erratic errors introduced by badly manufactured or poorly assembled components within the mount are often encountered in cheap mass produced mounts. Losmandy’s use of the highest quality materials and their attention to detail provides the level of accuracy and precision needed in demanding applications.
Specifications: R.A. / DEC. AXIS
- All machined aluminium and stainless steel, black anodized.
- All stainless steel hardware.
- One 3.750” diameter needle thrust bearing.
- One 2.000” diameter needle thrust bearing.
- Two 1.500” diameter needle bearings.
- 5.625” diameter, 7075 aluminium worm gear, 360 tooth.
- Dual supported, ball bearing housed ground High Precision Brass Worm.
- Variable slip clutch, both axes. One knob per axis design.
- Porter Slip Ring Design
- 1.250” diameter stainless steel shafts.
- Through the axis polar scope mounting, works in Northern and Southern Hemisphere. Polar scope optional.
- Instrument Weight Capacity 27kg
- Equatorial head weight ~16kg
Fully locking, unique tangent arm design altitude adjustment, 6-68 degrees, large knob for easy alignment.
Laser engraved latitude scale in 2 degree increments.
Single knob azimuth control, bi-directional +/- 8.5 degree.
Locking knobs can be loosened so the movement of the azimuth control knob is smooth and effortless. You will achieve proper polar alignment with less struggle and can then lock the azimuth down once set.
5.000” diameter laser engraved setting circles:
- 4 minute R.A.with vernier reading to 1 minute
- 1 degrees DEC. with vernier reading to 0.1 degree
R.A. circle engraved for Northern and Southern Hemisphere.
* All machined aluminium, black anodized, powder coated.
* Tripod height, adjustable from 33” – 48”
* Removable leg design for easy transporting.
* Tripod weight 35 lbs.
New GEMINI 2 SERVO SYSTEM
Precision made in the U.S.A by Hollywood General Machining with software developed in Germany, the Gemini servo based, GOTO system delivers a high torque servo based computerized drive system never before seen in high quality amateur telescope mountings.
Gemini allows both stand alone and PC based control of Losmandy’s G8, G-11 and Titan series mounts. The GOTO control electronics have typical Losmandy hallmarks of being fully machined, anodized and brushed, with beautifully radiused edges that look like part of a Losmandy system, rather than a third party bolt on. The new electronics control system case has been designed to fit on the existing control case mounting tabs on all Losmandy G-8, G-11 and HGM200 tripods.
- Full colour Graphic Touch Screen clearly displays all functions.
- Classic four-button pattern for guiding, centering, moving and slewing on both the touch screen and tactile membrane on the rear.
- Periodic Error Correction (PEC).
- Programmable DEC. Backlash Compensation (TVC).
- Control panel dimmer, Day and Night Modes.
- Accepts auto-guider systems.
- Northern and Southern Hemisphere operation.
- Tiltable control panel for easy access.
- Stand Alone System. No PC required
- Ethernet 10/100 with full IP function permits operation from anywhere using a browser, ASCOM, or app over the web or Serial Port
- DC Servos for imporved accuracy with higher torque than steppers
- Non-Volatile Memory and Real-Time Clock
- English, German, French & Spanish displays
- Over 40,000 objects
- USB ports; Virtual COM to PC, ASCOM or planetarium program.
- Firmware upgrade via internet
- Auto Guide Port (TTL)
- Dual 12-18V DC input/output (3.0A)