* Advanced f/10 Coma Free Optics: The LX200-ACF is the perfect platform for the demanding researcher and imaging enthusiast delivering star images free of coma right to the edge of the field. Meade’s industry leading techniques in figuring large aspheric corrector plates allowed Meade’s engineers to redesign the corrector and secondary mirror to provide greatly reduced coma at the fields edge. The use of a corrector plate also provides other advantages:
Reduced astigmatism and absence of diffraction spikes in the new LX200-ACF compared to the traditional RC design.
A closed optical tube to stop dust entering the tube assembly.
* Meade Ultra-High Transmission Coatings: UHTC increases total light transmission and image brightness by nearly 20% over Meade’s standard coatings. Objects such as stars, galaxies and nebulae will appear significantly brighter.
* Primary Mirror Lock: locks the mirror in place during long-exposure astrophotography. * Oversize Primary Mirror: diameters are greater than their listed aperture (e.g., the diameter of the 8″ LX200-ACF is actually 8.25″). This additional 1/4″ yields a wide, fully illuminated field-of-view.
* Smart Mount™ constantly refines pointing accuracy each time an object is centered and updated. Compatible with both equatorial and altazimuth mounts.
* Smart Drive™ provides permanent periodic error correction (PPEC) on both axes by learning and averaging error over the course of one or more training periods, thereby minimizing guiding corrections during long-exposure photographs. PPEC is available on both axes and functions in both polar and altazimuth modes. * Sony®GPS Receiver Sensor automatically inputs precise time, date, and geographical location to help quickly and precisely align the telescope.
* AutoAlign™: Telescopes with Meade’s new AutoAlign come pre-aligned. They are smart scopes that know the night sky right out of the box. AutoAlign picks two fail-proof alignment stars for you and places them right in your view-finder. Just center them to fine tune your alignment and the wonders of the universe are at your fingertips.
* AutoStar® II controller features “Hot Keys” for quick access to a 145,000 celestial object database. AutoStar II can be updated with the latest software upgrades, guided tours and timely objects like comets free at meade.com