Bright, multicoated lenses and BaK4 high index prisms: Deliver bright, high-resolution images with the Nikon Action EX 8×40.
Long eye relief: For a clear and comfortable view, especially for people who wear eyeglasses.
Smooth central focus knob: Fast range of focus for quick viewing. No bird goes unseen.
Unique click-stop, twist-out eyecup design: Delivers both long eye relief and variable eye relief to customize these binoculars to your eyes and accommodate glasses.
Ergonomic body design: Comfortable for extended viewing.
Durable and protective, rubber-armored coating: Provides a sure, non-slip grip, wet or dry.
Waterproof/fogproof: Nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed.
Manufactured responsibly with lead and arsenic-free Eco-Glass™
Nikon Action EX 8×40 Specifications
|Angular field of view (Real/degree)||8.2|
|Angular field of view (Apparent/degree)||59.7|
|Field of view at 1,000m (m)||143|
|Exit pupil (mm)||5.0|
|Eye relief (mm)||17.2|
|Close focusing distance (m)||5|
|Interpupillary distance adjustment (mm)||56-72|
Features of the Nikon Action EX series
- Waterproof (up to 1m for 5 minutes) and fog-free with nitrogen gas
- High-eyepoint design provides a clear field of view even for eyeglass wearers
- turn and slide rubber eyecups with multi-click positioning
- Multilayer-coated lenses coupled with large objective diameters for optimal image clarity
- Rubber armouring for shock resistance and a firm, comfortable grip
- Eco-glass optics are free of lead and arsenic
- Aspherical eyepiece lens eliminates any image distortion (7x50CF and 12x50CF only)
- Wide, comfortable neckstrap
- Can be fixed to a tripod using an optional tripod adapter (16x50CF includes tripod adapter by default)