Made in Japan, the exterior feature a magnesium alloy body and metal eyecups for added resistance to wear and tear
Multilayer coating on all lenses and prisms, extra-low dispersion (ED) glass, and a wider field of view than even the wide-field Monarch 7s
Key Features of the Nikon Monarch HG 8×42
The Nikon Monarch HG 8 x 42 binoculars are the most advanced Monarch binocular ever:
Enjoy sharp and clear views to the periphery, with an outstandingly bright, wide field of view.
Realising a wide field of view, with stunning clarity all the way to the periphery
The wide apparent field of view provides a spectacular viewing experience. While achieving a wide field of view, the Field Flattener Lens System ensures sharpness and clarity all the way to the lens periphery. What’s more, the use of extra-low dispersion (ED) glass corrects chromatic aberrations that cause colour fringing, delivering a contrast-rich, high-resolution image.
Achieving a bright view that provides natural colour fidelity
High-quality multilayer coatings are used on all lenses and prisms while dielectric high-reflective multilayer coating is applied to the roof prisms, achieving a bright view of up to 92% or higher light transmittance, and natural colour fidelity. The quality of view is as if seen with the naked eyes. Also, phase-corrected coating is applied to the roof prisms for enhanced resolution and contrast.
Sturdy, lightweight, waterproof body handles tough environments
Employing magnesium alloy ensures a sturdy, lightweight and compact body. The high level of waterproof/fogproof performance with nitrogen-filled body resists water pressure to a depth of 5m and prevents fogging inside the optical system, even in low-pressure environments up to altitudes of 5000m. Scratch-resistant coating is applied on the objective lens and eyepiece surfaces. An assured field of view is provided in harsh environments such as snow-covered mountains, exposed coastlines or under bad weather conditions.
- Extremely wide 8.3° true field of view (apparent field of view = 60.3°). While realising a wide field of view, the Field Flattener Lens System assures a sharp and clear view all the way to the lens periphery.
- Extra-low dispersion (ED) glass corrects chromatic aberration preventing colour fringing and producing a contrast-rich and high-resolution image
- High-quality multilayer coating on all lenses and prisms with dielectric high-reflective multilayer coating on the roof prisms, achieving a bright view of up to 92% or higher light transmittance, and natural colour fidelity
- Phase-correction-coated roof prisms for high resolution and contrast
- Scratch-resistant coatings on the objective lens and eyepiece surfaces
- Long eye relief design ensures a clear field of view, even for eyeglass wearers
- All lenses and prisms use Lead- and arsenic-free glass
- Turn-and-slide rubber eyecups with multi-click facilitate easy positioning of eyes at the correct eyepoint
- Dioptre adjustment ring locking system prevents unintentional rotation
- Sturdy, lightweight magnesium alloy body
- Superior waterproof/fogproof performance with a nitrogen-filled body that resists water pressure to a depth of up to 5m for 10 minutes and prevents fogging inside the optical system even in low-pressure environments up to altitudes of 5,000m equivalent
- Soft-to-the-touch neck strap
- Integrated objective lens caps prevent loss
- Optional tripod adapter enables attachment to a tripod [TRA-3/Adapter H (hard type)]
| MONARCH HG 8×42
|Objective diameter (mm)
|Angular field of view (Real/degree)
|Angular field of view (Apparent/degree)
|Field of view at 1,000m (m)
|Field of view at 1,000yd. (ft.)
|Exit pupil (mm)
|Eye relief (mm)
|Close focusing distance (m)
|Interpupillary distance (mm)