Optec TCF-S Temperature Compensating Focuser
Mechanically, the TCF-S is a robust Crayford style motorized focuser with high repeatability, no play and nearly zero backlash of only 0.0013 inch. Optec’s implementation is ideal for applications which require exact focus such as CCD imaging or film astrophotography.
A geared stepper motor rotates the drive shaft with one step rotation of the motor equal to a 0.000086 inch movement of the drawtube. The unit adds 3.5 inches to the telescope’s back-focus as measured from the front to the end of the drawtube when at the mid-focus position. The total travel of the drawtube is 0.6 inches or 7000 steps.
A pair of pushbuttons control the direction of focus and the DRO (digital read-out) displays the current position. The TCF-S focuser can easily handle cameras and instrument packages weighing up to 10 pounds. The TCF-S can be used by itself or with a PC for automatic focus with some of the popular camera control software.
Optec TCF-S Temperature Compensating Focuser Features:
- Heavy-duty Crayford style 2″ focuser
Compensates for focal shift due to temperature
- Supports instruments up to 10 pounds
- Easy to use control box
- Use with or without a PC
- 4-digit readout for position
- Simple Learn procedure for determing TC
- Shut-off procedure remembers last position
- Compatible with major camera control software for autofocus
- Free control/interface program
- Click here for further technical details
- Weight Capacity: 10 lbs. (4.5 kg) minimum
- Overall Height: 3.3″ (83.8mm) fully IN to 3.9″ (99mm) fully OUT
- Focuser Travel: 0.6″ (15.2mm)
- Number of Steps: 7,000
- Step Resolution: 2.2 microns
- Weight: 2 lb. 8 oz. (1.1 kg)
- Clear Aperture: 2″ (52.8mm)
- Back-focus Usage: 3.3″ (83.8mm) to 3.9″ (99mm)