- Orion LHD eyepieces feature high-index, low-dispersion lanthanum glass for exceptional control of chromatic aberrations to provide true-colour views with exceptional clarity
- All Orion LHD telescope eyepieces boast an ultra-wide 80-degree apparent field of view for an immersive viewing experience
- Available in 4mm, 6mm, 9mm, 14mm and 20mm focal lengths.
- Long 20mm eye relief and large 30mm-diameter eye lens lets eyeglass wearers enjoy the view comfortably without removing glasses
- 4mm, 6mm, and 9mm models feature 1.25″ barrels, while larger 14mm and 20mm models feature 2″ barrels. All LHD eyepieces are threaded for use with like-sized eyepiece filters
With their ultra-wide 80-degree field of view and true-colour lanthanum optics, Orion LHD 80-Degree Lanthanum Ultra-Wide telescope eyepieces are sure to impress even the most demanding amateur astronomers.
Each Orion LHD telescope eyepiece features an element of lanthanum glass which eliminates colour-fringing and chromatic aberrations for true-colour, high-contrast views of the cosmos with exceptional clarity. The luxuriously wide 80-degree apparent field-of-view provides an almost panoramic viewing experience you must experience first-hand to fully appreciate. Views of everything from the Moon and planets to elusive deep-sky objects are delightfully clean and impressively immersive in fully multi-coated LHD Ultra-Wide Eyepieces.
Higher-power 4mm, 6mm and 9mm LHD eyepieces feature a tapered 1.25″ barrel, while the 14mm and 20mm LHD oculars feature a larger 2″ tapered barrel for secure installation in appropriately sized telescope focusers. All LHD telescope eyepiece barrels are threaded for use with like-sized filters.
Each LHD eyepiece boasts a very long 20mm eye relief and a larger, 30mm-diameter eye lens so you can comfortably see the entire 80-degree field while wearing eyeglasses.
|Apparent field of view||80.0°|
|Number of elements||8|
|Barrel security recess||Yes|
|Blackened lens edges||Yes|