Introducing the new Paramount ME Series 6 observatory workhorse.
The Paramount ME Series 6 represents the latest in gear-driven GEM performance.
Its new features include a state-of-the-art MKS 6000 telescope control system that lets you connect via USB C, Ethernet, and Wi-Fi. Its two-port USB 2.0 hub is conveniently located on the instrument panel
The Paramount ME Series 6 remains an observatory favorite among professional and advanced-amateur astronomers.
- 109 kg instrument capacity; 218 kg maximum payload capacity (instruments + counterweights)
- All sky pointing accuracies at or below 30 arcseconds RMS
- Unibody mount design weighs 38 kg without counterweights or counterweight shaft
- Maximum seven (7) arcseconds peak-to-peak periodic error before correction
- After a one-time training, periodic error is 1 arcsecond, peak-to-peak or less
- Optional 26-bit Renishaw encoders eliminate periodic error and the need for homing; operates in temps as low as –40° C
- If you skip encoders now and later decide you want them, they can be retrofitted on the Paramounts ME Series 6
- As there’s some confusion about what encoders can and cannot do, there’s an FAQ below that elaborates on that and whether they’re right for you
- Its encoder cables are located inside the mount to help prevent snags.
- All electronics and through-the-mount cables are housed inside the mount with ample room for additional cables
- Its state-of-the-art MKS 6000 telescope control system (TCS) lets you connect via USB C, Ethernet, and Wi-Fi
- Two-port USB 2.0 hub located on instrument panel
- Included Versa-Plate™ conveniently accepts most telescopes
- 48V DC power supply and PC-to-mount USB and Ethernet cables included
- Two 14 kg counterweights included. You may need more if your imaging system weighs more than 28 kg.
- Belt-driven gears with spring loaded worm gears produce virtually zero backlash
- Durable and fade-resistant red powder coating and black anodized finish; components are aluminum
- Clutch-free design helps maintain its TPoint™ assisted pointing accuracy
- AutoHome™ homing capability ensures the mount always knows its orientation (after performing an initializing process called “homing” that typically takes less than a minute)
- Calibrated azimuth and elevation polar alignment adjustments speed polar alignment
- Paramount’s unequaled pointing and tracking wouldn’t be possible without its TPoint™ and ProTrack™ software.
- By employing TPoint’s calibration and telescope modeling tools, you’ll enjoy all sky pointing accuracies at or below 30 arcseconds RMS. Nothing outperforms that
- Operating in conjunction with TPoint ™, ProTrack™ continuously updates the mount’s position across both axes to correct system-wide tracking errors including tube flexures, atmospheric refraction, polar misalignment, harmonic errors from mis-centered encoders, and more.
- On-axis absolute encoders alone cannot correct these errors which exist with all telescopes. A properly applied telescope model is necessary to achieve superior tracking.
- Without encoders, the Paramount ME Series 6 can deliver uncommonly long unguided exposures (one customer reported 20 minutes).
- For more information about what encoders can and cannot do, please see the FAQ below.
- All the included software is integrated into a single, easy-to-use, application consisting of TheSky™ Professional, TPoint™, Cameras+, Domes, Multi-OS+, and Weather modules.
- You can control all your astrophotography-related cameras and devices with this one app.
- It runs on macOS™, Windows™, Ubuntu™, and Linux (x86_64 and ARM64 architectures).
- Regardless of the operating system you run it on, it appears and operates identically. You can even switch between operating systems and its license allows up to six computers. Why paint yourself or your institution into a corner?
- Absent ProTrack™ which is unique to Paramount, the included software is sold separately as TheSky™ Universal Bundle and represents a US$1,095 value.
Optional Black Anodised mounts available on request