This small-sized device (in short PPB Micro) is suitable for the “grab and go” astrophotographer. It can provide up to 10Amps of power and has a sufficient number (4) of 12V Outputs, Two Dew Heater Channels, an adjustable voltage power output, and an environmental sensor to monitor humidity/temperature (dew point).
- 4 x 12V DC Power outlets for your equipment (A single channel to switch all four outputs ON/OFF via software)
- 12 Amps of total distributed current
- Adjustable Output (3, 5, 7, 8, 9, 12Volt) / 3Amps (Can be switched ON/OFF) Power your DSLR / Mirrorless camera
- Embedded Powered USB3 Hub – 2 x USB2 Ports & 2 x USB3 Ports Available (USB3 ports are backwards compatible with USB2 devices)
- 1 x Power USB Port (up to 3Amps) – Suitable for Raspberry PI 3/4 power
- EXT Port (RJ12) for external accessories (E.g External Focus Controller)
- 2 Channels PWM Dew Heaters – RCA Outputs (Adjust power levels via software)
- Humidity and Temperature Sensor (included)
- Auto Tune Dew Heater Channels
- Reverse Polarity Protection
- USB / PC Controlled or Standalone Operation out of the box
- Lightweight and extremely compact aluminium enclosure
Built in Amp-meter
An Amp-meter which is installed right after the DC input, reports the total electric current.
Moreover, there are three additional amp-meters: One for the 12V quad outputs and two for the Dew Heater Channels. This allows you to easily monitor the detailed and overall power consumption of your equipment.
Other Key Features
“out of the box”
Pocket Powerbox Micro can work “out of the box” as a standalone device. Just plug the cables, setup the “autodew” functionality and every time you boot the device, it will retrieve your settings. So, If you don’t like to connect to a PC every time, you don’t have to. Simple as that!
Two channel duty cycle
Two Pulse width modulation (PWM) outlets are capable to provide power to your “thirsty” Dew Heaters. No more moisture fuzzing your equipment and destroying your clear nights. These outlets can be remote-controlled from your laptop using the supplied software.
Auto Adjustment of
PWM (Dew Outputs)
The controller can auto adjust the heater power levels by consulting the environmental sensor Dew Point reading. Just click “Auto” and leave to Pocket Powerbox Micro to decide if it is time to turn on and precise tune the level of your dew heaters.
More than 10A of
The powerbox has been designed to support up to 10 Amps of total current.
Led Indications for power and failure states
Led can blink in patterns to warn you about important power issues (e.g over or under voltage). Also, light can be turned off by using the software. Our LED is very dim but in case you don’t like it on you can switch it off
Reverse Polarity Protection
Pocket Powerbox Micro has been design with a reverse voltage polarity protection. It will definitely save your night if you accidentally connect the main power supply in reverse polarity!
A hardware watchdog resets the device if for any reason there is no response from the controller for two seconds. A neat feature in the unlikely event of a controller freeze – when you have a remote observatory and you need to be certain that everything works as expected.
Device is firmware upgradable to support future features and bug fixes.