This small but powerful device (in short PPBADV) is a welcome addition to our Powerbox product series. Proudly stands between Pocket Micro and Ultimate Powerbox v2. It has been designed to provide more advanced features than Pocket Powerbox Micro and especially a USB Hub that accepts up to 4 USB ports.
- 4 x 12V DC Power outlets for your equipment (A single channel to switch all four outputs ON/OFF via software)
- 12 Amps of total distributed current
- Adjustable Output (3, 5, 7, 8, 9, 12Volt) / 3Amps (Can be switched ON/OFF) Power your DSLR / Mirrorless camera
- Embedded Powered USB3 Hub – 2 x USB2 Ports & 2 x USB3 Ports Available (USB3 ports are backwards compatible with USB2 devices)
- 1 x Power USB Port (up to 3Amps) – Suitable for Raspberry PI 3/4 power
- EXT Port (RJ12) for external accessories (E.g External Focus Controller)
- 2 Channels PWM Dew Heaters – RCA Outputs (Adjust power levels via software)
- Humidity and Temperature Sensor (included)
- Auto Tune Dew Heater Channels
- Reverse Polarity Protection
- USB / PC Controlled or Standalone Operation out of the box
- Lightweight and extremely compact aluminium enclosure
Built in Amp-Meter
An Amp-meter placed after the DC input reports the total electric current.
There are also three additional amp-meters: One for the 12V outputs and two for the Dew Heater Channels. This allows you to easily monitor the detailed and overall power consumption of your equipment.
More than 12A of total electric current
The powerbox has been designed to output up to 12 Amps of electric current. Please note that a usual backyard astrophotographic setup requires 5-7 Amps
Embedded USB3 Hub
A powered USB3 Hub at the back of the device provides:
- 2 x USB3 SuperSpeed Ports
- 2 x USB2 High-Speed Ports.
The new SuperSpeed hubs operate in parallel with the USB 2.0 controller, so 5 Gbps SuperSpeed data transfers are not affected by slower USB 2.0 traffic.|
USB Port Configuration under PPBADV Gen2
- USB Port1 supports USB2 devices
- USB Port2 supports USB2 devices
- USB Port3 supports USB2 & USB3 devices
- USB Port4 supports USB2 & USB3 devices
* Older product revision (Gen1) had only 3 out of 4 USB Ports that were compatible to USB2 devices. For detailed information please check the product manual.
USB High Power Output
USB Port 1 provides up to 3Amps of current. You can connect any device that requires 5V. E.g a Raspberry PI 3/4 or Intel Compute Stick M3/M5 can receive power from this specific port.
Expansion Port (EXT)
EXT (expansion) port is available for device expansion. This RJ12 socket allows the connectivity of current and future Pegasus Astro products. Plugged devices can be controlled from Pocket Powerbox Advance standalone software or dedicated ASCOM driver.