The telescope side of the Pyxis LE is a simple two-inch “push-fit” barrel. The long barrel adapter, just short of 2-1/2 inches, is easily inserted into any 2″ focuser such as the Optec TCF-S Temperature Compensating Focuser. Combined with the TCF-S or TCF-Si, the Pyxis LE creates a focuser/rotator combination requiring less than 4-1/2 inches of back-focus.
The camera side of the Pyxis LE is a standard male T-thread. Any T-thread camera, filter wheel, off-axis guider, or industry standard T2 ring can screw directly on to the exit port of the Pyxis LE – no other adapters are required. All of the users existing accessories – T-thread spacers, off-axis guiders, filter wheels, etc. – can be attached directly. With the Pyxis LE, the confusion typically surrounding adapters is eliminated since the Pyxis LE is ready to use out-of-the-box. Simply attach your camera, slip into a 2-inch focuser, and you’re ready to go.
The Pyxis LE is ideally suited for small, well-balanced cameras such as the QSI, Fish Camp, Starlight Xpress or SBIG ST-series CCD cameras. Canon and Nikon DLSR cameras will attach directly using an optional T2 bayonet ring. Optional T-thread extender rings can be added in 7.5 and 15mm lengths for additional offset to avoid filter wheel stepper motors such as with the SBIG CFW9.
- Physical Size: 3.14″ x 4″ x 6.5″ (80mm x 102mm x 165mm)
- Clear aperture: 1.515″ (38.5mm)
- Weight: approx. 1.1 lb. (.5 kg)
- Telescope Adapter: 2″ barrel adapter for any 2″ focuser
- Camera Adapter: T-thread
- Back-Focus: .68″ (17.3mm)
- Resolution: 0.050 degrees/step
- Power: 12 VDC 1 Amp (12 Watts max)
- Communications Interface: USB 2.0
- Software Interface: Pyxis LE-Control and ASCOM-compliant driver