The QHY224C is a cooled USB 3.0 color imaging camera that is great for both planetary and deep sky. The 224C sports a 1/3″ Sony IMX224 CMOS sensor with 1280 x 960 effective 3.75um x 3.75um pixels. The IMX224C sensor is housed in a sealed chamber that is heated to prevent dew from building up on either the sensor or window.
The QHY224C comes with a two-stage TEC cooling and temperature regulation system that can cool your camera down to as low as -40C below ambient. QHY has also incorporated anti-dew technology into the QHY224. The CMOS chamber is fully sealed, and includes a silicon gel tube socket as well as a heater to help keep both your sensor and the sensor window dry, even on damp nights.
A built-in 128MB DDRII image buffer provides a safeguard against unexpected drops in data transmission. A frame buffer avoids lost frames during USB transfer by storing image data in the camera itself until it can be safely transmitted. Buffering will also make sure your video runs more smoothly when using a slower computer that cannot always handle high speed data well.
The QHY224C camera has an anti-amp light control circuit to reduce amplifier glow significantly. Ports include a 6-pin RJ11 Guide Port and a 4-pin CFW2 Filter Wheel Control Port, allowing you to add an optional autoguider or filter wheel to enhance your imaging experience.
QHY224C Camera Specifications
- CMOS Sensor: 1/3 inch CMOS Sensor
- Color or Monochrome: Color
- Effective Pixels: 1280 x 960
- Pixel Size: 3.75um x 3.75um
- Effective Area: 4.8mm x 3.6mm
- Shutter: Electric Rolling Shutter
- Full Well Capacity: 19ke
- Output Sample Depth: 8bit/12bit
- On Camera Image Buffer: Yes, 128MB DDRII Buffer
- Cooling: 2-stage TEC, Typical -40 below Ambient, Temperature Regulated
- Power: USB Powered for camera and +12V powered for TEC
- Anti Dew Control: Air Connector for removable silicon gel tube. Heat board for optic window of sealed CCD chamber
- Computer Interface: USB3.0 Super Speed
- Telescope Interface: M42/0.75 & 2inch adapter. Optional C-mount adapter
- Color Wheel Port: 4PIN QHYCFW2 socket
- Guide Port: 6PIN RJ11 Guide Port
- Optic Window: IR+AR
- Weight: 450g/15.87 ounces
- Electric Interface: 12V input with lock, USB3.0 socket, 4PIN QHYCFW, 6PIN RJ11