QHY5III485C Color Planetary Camera
Includes 2.5 mm Fisheye Lens!
QHY makes a great line of easy-to-use 1.25″ CMOS cameras that are perfect for planetary imaging or guiding, and the QHY5III485C, with its 8.4 MP high-performance sensor, is a great addition to the line-up! The QHY5III485C Planetary Camera also comes standard with a 2.5 mm lens that will allow the camera to double as an All-Sky camera with a 180-degree field of view!
Like all of the QHY5III models, the 485C is a USB3 super-speed camera and guider. It can be used in a standard 1.25″ eyepiece holder and comes with an adjustable location ring for confocality with an eyepiece.
About the Sony IMX485 Sensor…
The QHY5III485C uses the Sony IMX485; a back-illuminated, 8.4 MP color CMOS sensor with a pixel size of 2.9um and an array of 3864 x 2180. By employing the latest pixel technology for low-noise capabilities, the IMX485 delivers 3.3 times better low-light performance than comparable Sony sensors with 4K resolution. With its large field of view (12.86 mm diagonal) and super low read noise of less than 1e-, the QHY5III485C is ideal for lunar and solar imaging.
- Sensor Model: Sony IMX485
- Effective Pixels: 3864 x 2180 (8.4 MP)
- Image Size: 12.86 mm
- Diagonal, Type 1/1.2
- Pixel Size: 2.9um x 2.9 um
- AD Sample Depth: 8-bit/12-bit with output as 8-bit and 16-bit
- Color Filter Array: Bayer
- Full Well Capacity: 12,236e-
- Readout Noise in Standard Mode: 1.0e- to 2.4e-
- Readout Noise in sHGC Mode: 0.6e- to 1.09e-
- Full Frame Rate: Full Resolution 44 FPS @ 8-bits, 18.5 FPS @ 16-bits via USB3.0 port
- Exposure Time Range: 10us – 300sec
- Shutter Type: Electronic Rolling Shutter
- Computer Interface: USB3.0
- Guide Port: Yes, 6-pin RJ11
- Telescope Interface: 1.25″ with C-mount threads
- Optical Window: UV/IR Cut with AR Coatings
- Weight: 3.1 ounces (88g)
Imaging Camera Series
Color or Monochrome Camera?
Cooled or Uncooled
Pixel Size in Microns
Pixel Array & Resolution
|3864 x 2180 (8.4 MP)|
Camera Sensor Manufacturer
Sensor Dimensions (mm x mm)
Sensor Diagonal (mm)
Native Bit Depth
Includes ST-4 Guide Port?
Camera Thread Type
Camera Weight (lb.)
|QHY 2 Years (1-2 Years on Sensors)|