- Three-in-one GoTo mount can operate in GoTo Equatorial mode holding one telescope, or in GoTo Altazimuth mode holding one or two different telescopes
- Capable of holding a 20kg telescope payload — ideal for any observational or astrophotographic pursuits
- Accurate belt-driven stepper motor drive system minimises backlash. Movements in any direction are immediate greatly assisting autoguiding accuracy. The responsive GoTo system can locate any of over 42,000 celestial objects with a pointing accuracy of 5 arc-minutes
- Features dual encoders on motors and each axis to maintain alignment. The mount can be de-clutched and moved after alignment and still maintain alignment.
- Dual dovetail saddle for use with Vixen Style narrow or Losmandy “D” style wide dovetail plates, 25.4mm diameter retractable counterweight shaft, new threaded power input jack and threaded DC cable, built-in autoguider port, PPEC capability, 9 slew speeds, and North/South hemisphere polar alignment scope
Skywatcher’s new AZ-EQ6 mount is capable of carrying a heavy payload for your visual and astrophotography requirements. It is a very efficient transportable mount weighing only 15 kg, for a load capacity of 20 kg (counterweight excluded).
An excellent feature of the AZ-EQ6 SynScan is the patented dual-encoder technology. This technology allows the telescope to be moved manually in either axis without the mount losing its positional information which gives enormous freedom and convenience for users.
New Features :
- German Equatorial / Alt-Az dual mode
- Permanent periodic error correction(PPEC). PPEC can be trained with Autoguider or PC.
- Belt drive – Super smooth PE curve. Low backlash, silent slewing.
- Shutter release control for batch exposures of astrophotography.
- New motor controller with higher torque and accuracy.
- Include two dual-fit (45mm/75mm) saddle for mounting two telescopes.
- Improved reliable power supply outlet.
- Polar-alignment with polar-scope or SynScan HC’s polar-alignment routine.
- Primary axis encoder tracks the mount’s position. Users can push the mount at any time without worrying about losing the mount’s alignment.
The Skywatcher NEQ6 Equatorial Mount has a well earned reputation as an affordable and capable GoTo mount for both visual and photographic use. Now Skywatcher has developed the enhanced, more versatile AZ-EQ6 GoTo Mount. This new mount promises to become a favourite among intermediate to experienced observers and astrophotographers. This three-in-one smart mount not only operates in equatorial GoTo mode holding one telescope, but also in Altazimuth GoTo & Tracking mode while holding one or even two different telescopes. Control the Skywatcher AZ-EQ6 via the included SynScan hand controller, or robotically with your PC/laptop, or even wirelessly from your iOS mobile device with Orion’s StarSeek software and Wi-Fi module (sold separately).
In addition to the dual Altaz and EQ modes, the AZ-EQ6 boasts some other key enhancements, including a smooth and robust latitude adjustment for accurate polar alignment.
New RA and Dec clutches afford positive locking for heavy loads plus a thicker retractable counterweight shaft – 1″ in diameter – and a thread-on shaft extension carry multiple counterweights with no chance of flexure.
The newly engineered equatorial head is lighter than the NEQ6, but will carry a 20kg telescope payload with ease. In Altazimuth GoTo & Tracking mode with two different telescopes, each side can hold up to a 9kg telescope. The mount comes standard with an upgraded belt-driven stepper motor drive system that can locate over 42,000 celestial objects of interest with pointing accuracy of 5 arc-minutes and tracking precision of 0.1436 arc-second steps.
The drive has closed-loop electronics, with two sets of encoders per axis, meaning that once it is aligned you can manually move the attached telescope to a new target (or accidentally bump into the telescope) and the mount will still know where it’s pointing in the sky! What’s more, after an inadvertent or intentional nudge, this smart mount can return to its last target or pinpoint any new target you select without requiring realignment.
This is a highly transportable, yet seriously heavy-duty mount; the mount and tripod weigh in at 23kg. (without counterweights) and the mount can be uncoupled from the tripod with a single hand knob. Loaded with great features, the Skywatcher AZ-EQ6 GoTo Mount has a secure, threaded power input jack; a built-in autoguider port for accurate astrophotographic use; and offers 9 different slew speeds (up to 4.2° per second). This performance-packed mount also features Permanent Periodic Error Correction (PPEC).
The Skywatcher AZ-EQ6’s dual-width dovetail saddle accommodates both narrow (Vixen-style) and wide (Losmandy-style) dovetail attachment plates. Along with its sturdy steel-legged tripod, the mount also includes a second dovetail saddle for dual-telescope Altazimuth operations, illuminated polar axis scope with adjustable brightness, two 5.1kg counterweights, RS-232 communication cable, and 12-volt DC power cable with a secure threaded connector.
Whether you’re seeking a reliable mount for astrophotography or just looking for an amazingly accurate GoTo platform for visual pursuits, let Skywatchers AZ-EQ6 shoulder the weighty responsibility for smooth, stable, and smart performance!
Two Dual-fit Saddles
Two 5kg counterweights