The exciting new Skywatcher Collapsible Dobsonian 16 GOTO is precision engineered instrument that will allow you to easily find and enjoy viewing night sky treasures, such as Planets, Nebulae, Star Clusters, Galaxies and much more. With its patented collapsible tube design, these Dobsonians are truly the ultimate in portability and performance.
Skywatcher Collapsible Dobsonian 16 GOTO
The Skywatcher Collapsible Dobsonian 16 GOTO is precision engineered and allows you to easily find and enjoy deep sky treasures. Choose from the Planets, Nebulae, Star Clusters, Galaxies and much more – it’s 16″ primary mirror has enough light grasp to see just about anything you desire. The patented collapsible tube design makes these Dobsonians the ultimate in portability and performance. The top section collapses for transport and storage making it far more convenient compared to traditional solod tube Dobsonians.
The elegant truss tube design combines ease of use, extreme portability and consistent performance in an affordable package. Unlike other truss tube designs, the SkyWatcher Collapsible Dobsonian does not need to be disassembled between uses. It transports as two compact pieces that can be assembled and ready to use in just seconds! It is easy to collimate once set up, and it holds its collimation throughout the evening!
The SynScan™ AZ hand control points the telescope at your chosen object, or even tours the night sky at the touch of a button!! The menu is easy to navigate and allows automatic slewing to over 42,900+ objects. Even an inexperienced astronomer can master its variety of features in a few observing sessions. The patented dual encoder design allows the telescope to be moved manually whenever the user wishes – but with no need for re-alignment!
The Sky-Watcher Dobsonian SynScan series combines the convenience and affordability of the traditional Dobsonian with the convenience of a computerized Go-To telescope. Add the simplicity of the collapsible truss poles and you will not find comparable performance and convenience without paying a lot more!
- Power Supply: 10 to 15 V DC 1Amp, 2.1mm Plug (Center positive)
- Motor type: DC Servo Motors,
- Resolution: Motor encoder: 1,620,000 counts per revolution, Main axis encoder: 11,748 counts per revolution
- Slew speeds: 1.0X, 2.0X, 8X, 16X, 32X, 200X, 400X, 600X, 800X, 1000X
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Lunar, Solar
- Tracking Mode: Dual Axis Tracking
- Alignment Method: Brightest-Star Alignment, Two-Star Alignment
- Database: 42,900 objects – complete Messier, NGC and IC catalog, partial SAO catalogues plus 25 user defined objects.
- Go-To Pointing Accuracy: Up to 5 arc min
- 25mm and 10mm Plossl Eyepieces (1.25″), 9×50 straight finderscope