We are happy to announce the official release of Sky-Watcher’s newest German Equatorial Mount – the Sky-Watcher EQ6R Pro with SynScan controller.
Improving on the solid foundation of the venerable NEQ6, this mount is packed with features making it ideal for serious visual or astrophotography applications.
- NEW belt drives significantly reduce backlash for improved guiding performance.
- NEW improved latitude adjustment and scale for easier polar alignment.
- NEW body design and carry handle for improved portability and set-up.
- NEW RJ45 SynScan connector plug (confirmed compatible with Shoestring USB2EQ5 cable)
- NEW Bezel screw fit power connector for stable power supply
- Improved dual saddle accepts both Vixen plates (45mm) and Losmandy plates (75mm)
Sky-Watcher EQ6-R PRO SYNSCAN – A NEW LEGEND IS BORN!
The new Sky-Watcher EQ6-R PRO Synscan Computerised Go-To mounting is an exciting evolutionary progression of the continuing legend that is the EQ6 PRO. The modern optimised design of the EQ6-R PRO incorporates features that serious imagers will immediately appreciate, such as;
- Increased Payload capacity of 20kg for Astro-Photography
- Synchronous Belt Driven, resulting in minimal backlash – Even quieter, smoother operation and better results when guiding. Higher Torque.
- Superior Latitude adjustment controls with greater range of latitudes possible
- Built-in SNAP camera control port
- PPEC worm gear and worm periodic error correction function (avoids having to constantly re-train)
- Built-in carrying handle for convenient transportation
The supplied computerised Synscan™ hand control allows you to control the mount to point your telescope at a specific object or even tour the skies at the touch of a button. The user-friendly menu system allows automatic slewing to 42,000+ night sky objects from it’s extensive database.
- EQ6-R Pro mount
- Tripod with 2″ stainless steel legs
- Dual-Fit 45mm/75mm dovetail saddle
- SynScan hand controller / cable
- Counterweight Rod: 18mm diameter, length 240mm + 180mm
- 2 x5 kg counterweights
- Polar alignment scope
- Autoguiding connection
- Printed Instruction Manual
- Product Name: EQ6-R PRO Synscan
- Mount Type: German Equatorial
- Maximum Payload (Counterweights excluded): 20kg (for Astro-Photography)
- Latitude Adjustment Range: 5º to 65º
- Azimuth Adjustment Range: About ±9 º
- Mount Weight (Tripod excluded): 17.3 kg
- Counterweights Supplied: 2 x 5kg
- Tripod Supplied: 2-inch stainless steel, 7.5kg Weight
- Counterweight Rod: 18mm Diameter, Length 240mm + 180mm
- Power Requirement: DC11~16V 4A
- Motors: 1.8 º Hybrid Stepper Motors
- Transmission: 180:1 Worm Drive + 48:12 Timing Belt Drive + 64 Micro-step/1.8º Stepper Motor Drive
- Gear Ratio: 720
- Resolution: 9216000 Counts/Rev., approx. 0.14 arc-second
- Maximum Slewing Speed: 4.2 degrees/second
- Tracking Rate: Sidereal rate, solar rate, lunar rate
- Tracking Mode: Equatorial mode
- Auto-guiding Speed: 0.125X, 0.25X, 0.5X, 0.75X, 1X
- PEC: 100 Segments Permanent PEC (PPEC)
- Hand Controller: SynScan™
- Database: 42000+ Objects
- Celestial Object Catalogue: Messier, NGC, IC, SAO, Caldwell, Double Star, Vari-able Star, Named Star, Planets
- Pointing Accuracy: Up to 5 arc-minutes (RMS)
- Integral SNAP camera control port
- Dual-Fit 45mm/75mm Dovetail Saddle
- Polar Alignment Scope
Latest Instruction Manual Latest USB Model