The new SkyWatcher Star Adventurer provides an excellent route into astrophotography for those using DSLR cameras with wide-field and medium focal length DSLR lenses. It’s ease of use and aircraft-friendly size will also appeal to those wanting to travel to dark-sky locations.
Star Adventurer Bundle includes: the Star Adventurer Mount, Ball Head Adaptor, Illuminated Polar Scope, Dovetail L-Bracket, Equatorial Wedge and Counterweight Shaft with 1kg Counterweight.
– Multiple pre-programmed speeds for time lapse photography
– Tracking rate selectable between Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
– Built in polar scope (southern hemisphere) with illuminator
– DSLR interface for automatic shutter control
– Built-in auto-guiding interface
– Low power consumption
– External Mini USB power support
– Compatible with 3/8″ and 1/4″ camera tripod thread
– Lifetime free firmware upgrade
– Maximum payload at 5kg
SkyWatcher Star Adventurer is user-friendly and provides various combinations to satisfy all you needs for wide field astrophotography and time-lapse photography. It is a precise, portable and stable celestial tracking platform for sidereal, solar and lunar tracking with automatic DSLR shutter release control (using snap shot cable sold separately). Moreover, it comes pre-programmed with parameters assisting you to create interesting stop motion and time-lapse videos with your DSLR. The Skywatcher Star Adventurer Bundle includes the following:
SkyWatcher Star Adventurer (black colour)
Star Adventurer Latitude Base
Star Adventurer Counterweight Set
Star Adventurer Ball Head Adapter
Note: Suitable camera/video tripod is required but not supplied with the package. Star Adventurer is designed to be mounted to any tripod with 1/4″ or 3/8″ stud.