A Simple and yet Multi-Purpose Mount
Sky-Watcher Star Discovery Mount is designed to be a simple mount, aims to help beginners to discover the dark sky efficiently and eventually become a tool that able to fulfil your passion toward Astronomy. To be a multi-purpose Mount,
Star Discovery Mount
is not only designed to drive a telescope, it is also a platform for cameras and video recorders. Perfect for lightweight astrophotography, time lapse photography, wide view and panorama photography, video panning and many more activities. Come with more on both axes, the Sky-Watcher Star Discovery Mount can be driven point to point accurately in no time and able to pinpoint any celestial object. Any night sky object will be in the centre of the field of view in no time or frame the specific scene exactly as you like with your camera.
This Star Discovery Mount is upgradeable by the latest SynScan Ver. 4 GOTO Handset. This handset allows you to drive the your mount to any celestial object selected from its huge 42,000+ database, including Messier, IC, NGC and Caldwell Catalogues, Planets, Named Stars, Double Stars, Variable Star and even Astronomer Defined objects like new comets.
The Star Discovery Mount is the upgrade of the Star Explorer, featuring the Freedom Find dual encoder technology. Once aligned, the telescope can be manually pointed anywhere in the sky without losing alignment, giving the user enormous freedom, convenience and flexibility during the observations.
Star Discovery Mount Features:
- SynScan Database with 42,900+ Objects (NGC, SAO, IC and SAO Catalogues)
- Two Star or Brightest Star Alignment
- Freedom Find Dual Encoder Technology
- Pointing Accuracy Enhancement Feature (PAE)
- Unknown Object Identification Feature
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Lunar, Solar
- Slewing Speeds: 1x, 2x, 16x, 32x, 64x, 128x, 400x, 500x, 600x, 800x
- Astro Time-Lapse Function
- DSLR snap port (optional cable)
- Compatible with Vixen Style Bars
- Power Requirement: 12V DC or AA Batteries (not supplied)