This Item is not able to be exported to New Zealand
It is at moments like these that you find out whether you are properly equipped. Wherever you are with Swarovski Optik, the natural world becomes ever more amazing. The Swarovski STS 65 HD observation telescope sets the highest standards among telescopes in this category. The STS 65 HD is more compact and lighter than scopes in the 80mm class, providing better portability in the field.
The use of fluorite HD lenses virtually eliminates colour fringing (chromatic aberration) for contrast-rich images. As a result, significant improvements in resolution and contrast are achieved when compared to conventional grades of glass. This is the best option for perfect image fidelity when digiscoping or for demanding visual observations.
The 25-50x eyepiece provides variable magnification and achieves luminous, diamond-bright images with edge-to-edge sharpness across the entire magnification range, while at the same time providing a wide field of view. This configuration is very good for all birding situations in particular – enabling both scanning of the terrain and bird identification in razor-sharp detail across the whole field. It is the most popular option for general nature observation.
Note: If you intend to use your scope for digiscoping, the Swarovski STS 65 HD with 25-50x wide eyepiece is preferable. This eyepiece provides a wide apparent field of view and minimizes vignetting when used for digiscoping.
The non-stick effect of the SWAROCLEAN coating on the outer surface of the lens makes cleaning objective and eyepiece lenses considerably easier, above all when removing dried-on mineral residues (e.g. water marks due to condensation), insect repellents and tree resin. The lenses require less intensive cleaning which significantly increases the longevity of optical products.
Swarovski STS 65 HD at a glance
- pinpoint detail and exceptional edge sharpness with lifelike colour reproduction thanks to SWAROTOP and SWARODUR coatings.
- state-or-the-art electronically controlled precision optics assembly procedures, using the latest sensor technology, guarantee the best possible and constant image quality
- large field of view for comfortable observation
- rugged aluminium housing
- bayonet connection to make changing eyepieces and photo equipment quick and easy
- dustproof and watertight up to 4m thanks to interior focusing, no fogging due to nitrogen filling.
- rotating tripod ring for setting the preferred observation position
- tripod base fits Swarovski and Manfrotto tripods without the need of an additional plate
- aiming sight tube (removable) allows you to find targets quickly even at high magnifications
- easy handling and low weight due to a slim, ergonomic design
- optimum functionality in all weather conditions and temparature zones
- extendable sunshade with a filter thread
- durable and easy-to-handle, non-slip exterior rubber armoring – resistant to bumps and shocks
- ergonomic large diameter focus ring allows precise focusing. Easy to locate and use even when wearing gloves
A wide range of accessories are available (purchased separately) for digiscoping and protecting your scope in the field.
- TLS APO Apochromat Telephoto Lens System
- TLS 800 Telephoto Lens System
- DCB II swing camera adapter
- TR II telescope rail
- SOC stay-on case
In addition to the ergonomic design and innovative technology, Swarovski’s products are also distinguished by unmatched quality. Every production step is checked along with each individual product for 100% quality prior to delivery. Swarovski therefore grant an extensive 10 year warranty.