APO180FL F/7 – Highly popular and TEC’s largest portable telescope. It fits in any car and could be lifted and installed on the mount by one person. Same excellent color correction as in APO160FL.
Our largest portable refractor, the APO180FL F/7 allows the observer to delve deep into the beauty of space.
- The APO180FL F/7 features an oil-spaced apochromatic-triplet objective with a Fluorite (CaF2) middle element, resulting in color correction that is optimized for visual use and imaging. This oil-spaced triplet design in combination with multi-layer coatings on all surfaces of the objective ensure maximal light transmission.
- The objective is housed in an aluminum cell, providing for excellent thermoregulation properties while remaining lightweight and strong.
- The optical assembly sits in a lightweight aluminum tube that utilizes anti-reflective coating and sharp-edged baffles throughout the interior and forget about collimation – after the scope leaves TEC, no adjustment is required.
- Further, the crisp all white assembly projects the elegant, handcrafted quality that TEC is known for. Expect deep contrast and rich, natural color out of this compact and timeless design.
- Each APO180FL F/7 comes equipped with a Starlight Instruments FTF#3545 Feather Touch Focuser that was designed in collaboration with TEC. This is Starlight Instruments’ largest rotating focuser with coarse and fine focusing 9:1 Planetary Reduction Assembly.
- The APO180FL F/7 can be fitted with to other focuser models by request. Please contact TEC to confirm whether the desired focuser will fit with the desired TEC model
- The 2” locking metal collet is insensitive to temperature fluctuations and holds loads with high precision and concentricity.
- It also comes equipped with a Focuser wheel for easy mount installation and direction.
- Available for purchase as a Binocular Telescope. This requires the purchase of 2 APO180FL F/7.
- Able to accommodate a wide variety of eyepieces and mounts.
In classic refractor fashion, the TEC APO180FL F/7 is a no compromise, no frills design that lets the wonders of nature speak for themselves. Please know that ALL PRICES AND AVAILABILITY ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
- 12” Dovetail Plate and Carry Handle facilitate easy transportation and fit seamlessly with most mounts. The larger size fits effortlessly with our larger models.
- Precision adjustable Tube Rings.
- Focal Reducer Corrector converts the F/7 Ratio to F/6.2 with a 115mm back focus.
- 180mm Field Flattener prevents vignetting and ensures high quality imaging.
- 10×60 Baader Vario Finderscope with a TEC Finder Bracket and Base for Telescope mounting.
- 7×50 Vixen Finderscope with a TEC Finder Bracket and Base for Telescope mounting.
- Gutekunst Compact Atmospheric Dispersion Corrector (ADC).
Testing and Quality Assurance
TEC Telescopes go through rigorous testing to ensure top quality performance. Newtonian Rings are used throughout the glass production process and we then use an interferometer to correct any remaining imperfections. Every telescope is then tested vigorously to reach the most optimum Strehl ratio possible. Rest assured that your telescope has been optimized to be as optically perfect as possible. If the objective does not reach Yuri’s expectations, the telescope will not be shipped. As a strict policy, TEC will not release telescope test reports.
While the objectives are fine-tuned under interferometrical control to meet the highest optical standards, cosmetic imperfections may exist in the objective and the tube assembly. Please rest assured that any imperfection in the telescope has been determined not to affect the optical performance.
|Dew Shield Diameter
||9.11″ / 231.5 mm
||7.56″ / 192 mm
|Tube Length (Retracted)
||44.5″ / 1130 mm
|Tube Length (Extended)
||53″ / 1346 mm
|Focuser Tube Fully Extended
||+3.5″ / 114 mm
|Length in Working Position with the Focuser in Middle of Focusing Range
||56.1″ / 1425 mm
|Dist. From Focuser End to Focal Plane (Back Focus)
||8.27″ / 210 mm +-1
|Center of Gravity from the Middle of the Wheel and 2.5 lbs / 1 kg load
||19.7″ / 500 mm
|Center of Gravity from the Middle of the Wheel (Telescope Retracted)
||21.3″ / 540 mm
||36.5 lb / 16.5 kg
|OTA Weight with Rings, Plate, Handle
||40 lbs / 18.2 kg