TEC APO250VT F/8.8 – TEC’s most powerful telescope. It is considered an observation class instrument. Weighing in at 50kg, the APO250VT F/8.8 can be transported to various observing stations, however TEC highly recommends that a permanent observing station be made for this telescope. It requires a large mount and specialized accessories; however, it will provide some of the best observing available to the consumer.
Our largest refractor, the APO250VT F/8.8 allows the observer to immerse themselves in the beauty of space. This observatory class instrument provides the best visual experience that TEC has to offer.
- The APO250VT F/8.8 features an air-spaced apochromatic-triplet objective with a Fluorite (CaF2) middle element, resulting in color correction that is optimized for visual use and imaging. This air-spaced triplet design in combination with multi-layer coatings on all surfaces of the objective ensure maximal light transmission.
- The objective is housed in an titanium cell, providing for excellent thermoregulation properties while remaining lightweight and strong.
- The optical assembly sits in a lightweight aluminum tube that utilizes anti-reflective coating and sharp-edged baffles throughout the interior and forget about collimation – after the scope leaves TEC, no adjustment is required.
- Further, the crisp all white assembly projects the elegant, handcrafted quality that TEC is known for. Expect deep contrast and rich, natural color out of this compact and timeless design.
- Each APO250VT F/8.8 comes equipped with a Starlight Instruments FTF#3545 Feather Touch Focuser that was designed in collaboration with TEC. This is Starlight Instruments’ largest rotating focuser with coarse and fine focusing 9:1 Planetary Reduction Assembly.
- The 2” locking metal collet is insensitive to temperature fluctuations and holds loads with high precision and concentricity.
- Includes precision adjustable Tube Rings.
- Able to accommodate a wide variety of eyepieces.
- Recommended to be paired with a high capacity load mount and a stationary observation station.
In classic refractor fashion, the TEC APO250VT F/8.8 is a no compromise, no frills design that lets the wonders of nature speak for themselves. Please know that ALL PRICES AND AVAILABILITY ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE
- Adjustable Dovetail Plate and Semirings.
- 10×60 Baader Vario Finderscope with a TEC Finder Bracket and Base for Telescope mounting.
- 7×50 Vixen Finderscope with a TEC Finder Bracket and Base for Telescope mounting.
- Gutekunst Compact Atmospheric Dispersion Corrector (ADC)
Testing and Quality Assurance
TEC Telescopes go through rigorous testing to ensure top quality performance. Newtonian Rings are used throughout the glass production process and we then use an interferometer to correct any remaining imperfections. Every telescope is then tested vigorously to reach the most optimum Strehl ratio possible. Rest assured that your telescope has been optimized to be as optically perfect as possible. If the objective does not reach Yuri’s expectations, the telescope will not be shipped. As a strict policy, TEC will not release telescope test reports.
While the objectives are fine-tuned under interferomerical control to meet the highest optical standards, cosmetic imperfections may exist in the objective and the tube assembly. Please rest assured that any imperfection in the telescope has been determined not to affect the optical performance.
|Tube length (retracted)
|Tube length (extended)