Tele Vue Dioptrx
Benefits of using Tele Vue Dioptrx over eyeglasses.
1. You’re more likely to see a sharper, higher contrast image because Dioptrx:
- is always completely aligned to the eyepiece optics, eliminating aberrations from a decentered mismatch of eyeglass power and astigmatic axis.
- can be rotated to exactly compensate for the astigmatic axis angle in real time, since both head angle and age can vary your eyesight astigmatic angle.
- likely has better multi-coatings than eyeglasses, and certainly is better in transmission and reflection reduction than uncoated eyeglass.
- is more likely to be cleaner than eyeglasses, which may have scratches and smudges from constant use and wear and tear.
- allows seeing your normal maximum contrast that eyeglasses can diminish (remove your eyeglasses and see how contrast improves in normal vision).
2. You’re more likely to see the full field in 100° Ethos eyepieces because your eyeglasses are more limiting in “effective eye-relief”.
Long Eye-Relief Tele Vue Eyepieces that Accept DIOPTRX
|Plössl||55, 40, 32mm|
|Panoptic||41, 35, 27, 24*, 19mm* (*requires DEA-0001 adapter)|
|Nagler Type 4||22, 17, 12mm|
|Nagler Type 5||31, 26, 20mm* (*requires DEA-0001 adapter)|
|Nagler Type 6||all* (*requires DNA-6000 adapter)|